- Is a governance experiment with a mission to become a network of social enterprises under the control of a scientific think-tank
- It aims to investigate and realize sustainable value creation through the science-policy interface
- It is premised on the exploration of statehood and post-sovereign entities’ capacity to govern transitions to sustainability and resilience to fragility
- It aims to contribute to the formulation and implementation of sustainable development.
Chapter I: Values and Structure
§1. the-enpi.org commits to the following values:
- Societal welfare, achieved predominantly through upscaleable research.
- Ecological sustainability, driven by the globalization of well-being and intergenerational equity.
- Technocracy, respectively the rule of science bound with the rule of law as a just end of transforming the externalities of global capitalism.
- Inclusivity, achieved through complementing electoral democracy with experimental direct, liquid, deliberative, consultative and quasi-capitalist tools.
- Interdisciplinarity, resp. the necessary insight into the parallelisms between internal and external dimensions of post-sovereign entities as the mean towards solving externalities of the human-environment interactions.
- Justice, fairness and equity, as the possibly trinity in its actions towards planetary sustainable development.
- Increased scientific literacy as a mean towards solving societal deficiencies.
- Policy effectiveness as the overcoming of the barriers of a sustainability gap.
§2. the-enpi.org conducts the following activities:
- Translation of scientific attainments and accumulated scientific trends into policy debates and recommendations.
- Adaptation of scientific literature to different policy audiences in order to contribute to the materialization of science-policy interface.
- Missions for inclusive knowledge generation with regards to:
- monitoring socio-ecological and socio-technical realities on the field
- interrogating complex policy rationales from institutional settings
- opinion drilling towards contentious issues
- connecting stakeholders to generate a legitimate base for decisions
- twinning of institutional and policy practices
§3. the-enpi.org is structured internally in the following way:
- Founder, who drafts and edits the policy content, provides strategic direction for development and defines the governance structure until all positions are filled. The founder’s minimum voting weight is 26%.
- Scientific governance board consisting of elders that give that generate the policy input and output. It includes the founder and other invited members, who have 5% voting weight. The maximum number of invited elders is five to a maximum of 25% voting weight.
- Shareholders to a maximum of forty-nine private and legal persons. Each shareholder has a maximum of 3% and minimum 1% voting weight, to a maximum of 49%. The shareholders collect evidence in written consent to adhere to the values of the-enpi.org.
- Together, the founder and the scientific governance board constitute the think-tank, while the shareholders constitute a network of self-sustainable policy enterprises.
- Changes to the governance structure can be done only unanimously.